About Medical Missions
ABOUTOur medical training is focused on teaching health-related principals that people can put into practice with the resources available to them. Through discipleship, people learn that our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit. If they learn to take care of their bodies, they will be better equipped to do what God has called them to do.
- Group medical training.
- Water, sanitation, and hygiene.
- Prevention of communicable diseases.
- Neonatal, infant, and pediatric care.
- Family planning and women’s health.
- Musculoskeletal disorders with PT/OT.
- Preventative medicine.
- Individual medical and spiritual patient counseling.
- Encouraging patients to go to the local health center.
- Helping them understand their chronic diseases.
- Assisting them in finding the resources they need.
- Providing financial assistance to those in great need.
Sometimes education just isn’t enough. Come Away offers financial assistance at times to help with transportation cost, physical and occupational therapy, prescription medications, and other fees not paid for by the local health insurance.